Trading Group and Copytrading
Details on RiverAlgos Telegram Trading Group
In addition to the Suite of Samāpatti bots, subscribers have also had access to my trading and investing group, which I am now throwing open for those not subbed to the Suite. For my trading group only, basically for $50/mth (payable by any direct crypto transfer) it gives you access to my private indicator library (its huge), which you can hook up to FTX.com via my order execution engine (using open source Frosty) to, for example, trail stops for you, exit, enter, whatever. And you’ll get my small cap gem suggestions, market analysis and news, can join my Discord Voice Trading Pit, mentoring on trading, and in particular, copytrading my manual trades.
IMO the gems are worth the sub alone as they have the highest beta, as well as the general information you will get about crypto, as I stay very on top of it as I am full time on it. DM me t.me/RiverCrypto to subscribe, or see my telegram group t.me/RiverAlgos.
To setup the copytrading follow the steps below:
- If you haven’t already got an FTX account, then you can use my referral code https://ftx.com/#a=8146388 to get cheaper fees. FTX does not require any more KYC than just email address on it’s first level, which allows you to withdraw up to 9k/day, enough for most people. Note, FTX does now require telephone number with country code of your registered country which they SMS verify, and certain countries, such as the US and UK are prohibited in different ways. Sadly, I have no option at the moment for those markets. It allows you to fund using credit card, and other ways, or of course you can deposit crypto bought from your own fiat on-ramp. Feel free to ask questions regarding this on our telegram https://t.me/RiverAlgos Once you have a funded FTX account set up, proceed to the next step.
- Purchase a subscription to the bots by contacting me @RiverCrypto on Telegram, payable via crypto from your FTX account, with no withdrawal fees. Again see RiverAlgos channel on Telegram for latest pricing and offers. Besides access to the bots, you will also get access to the Members Group on Telegram where I share coins to accumulate, gems, some manual trades, tips on trading, news, farming info etc.
- Go to https://riveralgos.finance/ui/register
4. Enter your email address and a secure password, perhaps use a password manager like BitWarden. You will be able to add a 2FA with Google Authenticator afterwards. Then click Register.
5. Then click +Add button to add an Account/Connection.
6. You will see a Configure Account screen like this. To get the information needed to fill this form in, we need to go to FTX wallet page, where we will create a subaccount. Its important to start off with a new fresh subaccount to avoid issues caused by dust on an old account, and to be able to track its progress using ftx.com/pnl later.
7. Click the + icon (used to be Create) to make a subaccount for the first bot. Any name will do. Note, no spaces allowed and they are case sensitive.
8. Click the icon next to + with two arrows and Transfer Balance tooltip, to move funds between the Main account and this new subaccount. I strongly recommend using USD as collateral, so I can control the risk properly, but if you must use crypto collateral, then only BTC. Some other cryptos, even dust, can cause the order execution software to not work, and even ETH can experience huge violent drops that could liquidate the account when otherwise if in USD there would be no issue.
9. Go to Settings on the submenu by clicking where your email address is at the top of FTX, then select Settings.
10. Then select API tab.
11. Be careful to select the new subaccount at the top bar of subaccounts. Create API Key for that subaccount (not read-only as it has to be able to place orders). Note that withdrawals are disabled by default for security. Keep the popup open that has the API Key and the Secret Key. Copy the subaccount name (I select it with mouse and Ctrl C) and paste that into the Configure Account screen from step 6. Then copy the API key into there too, followed by the Secret Key. Then enter the stub name and description (something like Copytrading), and select FTX.com as the exchange of course. It should look something like this:
12. Click Submit there, and you can click Close on the Create API key popup on FTX. It will try to connect and if you have done it correctly will go to the main screen and you will see something like this:
13. Click the Gear icon on the right (the Lightning icon re-checks the connection, the Key icon returns you to the API details we just set up, and the trash can deletes it if you unsubscribe).
14. In the Configuration Options screen, you need to assign “Copytrading” from the dropdown to the API connection you just made. For now, we are trying Default Size of 33% — make sure to include the %! And Default Stoploss of 3%, which means a risk of 1% per position. I will probably go up to 5 positions at a time, sometimes more if they are trailed into profit. You can set a max positions less if you like. Note, that I will fire exits at the stop prices, which may in fact be tighter than what you set here, particularly if the trailing stop I use fires first.
15. Next go to the Balances tab on the left, and select the copytrading account in the dropdown. If the collateral is correct in the subaccount, and the connection correct, then you should see your balances in here. If not, you most likely have some altcoin in there confusing the collateral calculations, even if its miniscule in size, hence why a new subaccount is recommended. DM me if you need help.
16. That completes the setting up of 1 bot and its stages of creating a subaccount, funding it, creating an API key, linking Frostybot to that API key, linking Copytrading to run against that API key and setting it’s default size, and testing it.
17. At the bottom of the accounts list screen you will see a UUID. Direct Message that to me and only myself, and I will then activate your subscription from my side. You can use this to also connect up your own TradingView alerts to another stub and subaccount for your own trading, possibly using my indicators or your own TA — allowing you to trail a stop while you sleep.
18. Besides the copytrading, the real big profits actually come from high beta markets such as Dex smallcap gems and NFTs, as well as some coins on other CEXes such as KuCoin and MexC which I will also mention from time to time. The gains from these can be so huge as to dwarf gains from any other source, and the monthly fee. You will find the Telegram group to be extremely active with important information about the market, TradFi, news, IDOs, charts etc. So come join our community, and try out a month.